Translate

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Hair Coloring 101

  For the past several months in the end of 2013. I decided to save money and stop going to the salon for hair coloring. It's so expensive in my area and the disadvantage is that my hair is medium long.. Salon prices have been ridiculously over priced. I know not every salon have the same pricing and varies from state and area... As for a normal solid color application I was being charged 80.00 dollars... For highlights, low lights and highlighted ombre was around 95.00 to 100.00 dollars. Although if someone would to select the now popular hair trend "OMBRE" they could go months without retouching the color, but no one wants to go months without retouching hair color and within months the bleached hair starts getting brittle and dry.

  I was doing some research on certain hair dyes that I wanted to try on my own.. I wanted something nourishing and with low ammonia odor that will be mess free and would give me the same salon results. Finally found a brand that I currently use from Sally's Beauty Supply is it the One N Only Argan Oil hair colors..


I love these hair dyes because the are so easy to work with and its very low on ammonia odor and the results are very high quality.. Plus there are times at  Sally's that you can purchase two boxes for the price of one or get a free cream developer with a purchase of one box. I also like to mix shades to have my desired hair color shade. I do follow the trends for  Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter. As you can see from the picture above that am using warm shades for the Winter I always Go Darker but I gradually lower levels depending in how I want my color level. I used these two shades and these were my results.


I fell in love with this shade. I had this color for three months and then Decided to go darker.. The next shade I tried was this one.. 3RV
I was expecting the color to be more of a dark brown with violet undertones,  I like the results of the hair color, It made my hair look so healthy and smooth..  As of now I will remain with this color until summer am planning to go  lighter like I normally would. I am aslo wearing BELLAMI hair extensions. For the lighter color to blend well with lighter color I was wearing  chestnut brown in 22 inches 220 grams. and the other color for the darker hair am wearing dark brown 22 inches 220 grams. The website for these extensions can be purchased at http://www.bellamihair.com/. If you have further questions you can email the bellami team at info@bellami.com.  
                                              




                                                             






























No comments:

Post a Comment